In today’s episode of “The Confident Advisor Practice Podcast”, a podcast from the Horizon Advisor Network, hosts Bill Bush and Chad Soileau talk about some of the things that you can focus on during the vacations / summertime that will help you get to the next level and keep you moving forward.
· 01.01: - Bill says that there's been alot of travel happening lately as things are opening up and so a lot of clients & prospects are heading out of town.
· 03:27: - As per Chad, you can't allow yourself to use the summer slowdown as an excuse to lose focus and to kind of abandon activity.
· 05:15: - Chad defines what he means by staying active.
· 07:27: - Bill thinks that lately they are observing reopening of events being held and that can lead to opportunities to get in front of crowd now which wasn't available maybe a year ago when everything was locked down.
· 09:42: - Bill states that he has used this time to do some of the self-learning.
· 11:44: - Bill points out that it's also a good time to start planning for some of the activities as the end of third quarter is approaching.
· 13:00: - According to Chad, this is a perfect time to explore a few different things, because you have more time right now and this may not be for everyone.
· 14:44: - They both talk about quarterly goals as it could be pretty busy during last couple of weeks.
Three Key Points
1. As per Bill and Chad, one thing they practice at Horizon is that they have weekly advisor meetings and they constantly track all these activities without taking a week off.
2. Bill mentions that they have an event coming-up with a Broker Dealer, where he will be onstage and would be talking about some of the activities they do to grow their marketing efforts.
3. Chad suggests doing some social networking activities during these vacations like trying a blog, doing some newsletters, sending emails to your clients, doing some beta tests, etc. as it’s the perfect time to do so.
· “You know there's summertime, where people are typically taking vacations, yeah.” - Chad Soileau
· “A lot going on at that time, a lot of distractions and activities outside of the norm, yeah it is for everyone right.” – Bill Bush
· “I would tell you, you know, right now, throughout the year people are very busy for the majority of the year, let's call it, right.”- Chad Soileau
· “We do track in our meetings, we call them stages.” -Bill Bush
· “This is kind of a good time to, if you haven't been creative and done a newsletter or blog” - Bill Bush
· “It's a perfect time to start looking at those things.”- Chad Soileau
· The Confident Advisor Practice Podcast
· Horizon Advisor Network Website
· Horizon Advisor LinkedIn
· Bill Bush
Call the Horizon Financial Group:(225) 612-3820
Listen to this episode and subscribe to The Confident Advisor Podcast on these podcast platforms: